Dashboard for Nextcloud by flost and Holger (was: Anyone in for an Overview / Dashboard / Start page app?)

:thumbsup: I love the Swiss railway clock. :slight_smile:

In the apps settings I can enable the app for certain groups only. In the admin settings I can enable the widgets for the groups for which the app is not enabled. :wink:

Awesome, all working great now. Nice one :slight_smile:

@anon99252149

Can you open a ticket at GitHub for that issue?

Yes I can, but Iā€™m not really sure whether itā€™s an issue or a feature.

App authors can implement the option ā€œEnable only for specific groupsā€ ā€“ or not, imho.

Thatā€™s great! Thanks for the effort @Thomas
John

Back from holidays!
@anon99252149: Thanks for the detailed bug report!
I still have some days off from work and will try to fix this. But first I need to change the api, so that it does not ā€œviolate basic principlesā€.
Holger

@nickvergessen: Joas, I have asked some questions on github. Iā€™m somewhat lost in space as I do not find any documentation about events. It would be really nice, if you can give me some hints!
Thanks Holger

I look forward to see announcements in the dashboard. @nickvergessen :wink: :thumbsup:

I happened to read this issue on github for the server:

one of the points is about

Show upcoming events (and maybe more calendar actions) in the activity app.

@nickvergessen answers that

ā€œupcoming eventsā€ is nothing the activity app can take care ofā€¦ However an ā€œupcomingā€ view should be more of a separate thing, maybe the calendar
app can finally have an ā€œagendaā€ style

I think that there could be two ways of displaying upcoming events:

• an ā€œagendaā€ style for the calendar app
  • a widget for the dashboard app

I would really like to know if @Holger_Dehnhardt agrees :wink:

Yes he does - in generalā€¦ still there is one problem. I donā€™t have a stable API.
After getting the event thing workin I stuck with the problem of how to register the widget to the dashboard app.
I had no time to investgate further in the last weeks.
There is the possibility to use the old api which works and switch to the new one after it is working and stable.
Holger

@Holger_Dehnhardt Are there any updates to the development of Dashboard?

Unfortunately not. I get lost when searching for a way to register an api which is inside an app and called from other apps. Then the usual flood of other things cameā€¦

I am sorry to hear thatā€¦

Thank you anyway for the attempt!

Now we have a Dashboard app.

Not really a big hit but a well-intended beginning.

Can we get some screenshot love on that listing please? :slight_smile:

1 Like