Dashboard for Nextcloud by flost and Holger (was: Anyone in for an Overview / Dashboard / Start page app?)

@BernhardPosselt
I would like to upload my beta version to the appstore / ab appstore but I must confess that I did not understand, which appstore!
Is there already an appstore and where can I find it and where can I get the login information from or do I have to set up my own appstore?

Holger

To the best of my knowledge, there is no NC appstore yet. But I might stand corrected.

The installation of version 1.9.1 beta works for me: after activating Iā€™m forwarded to a update page and all wents smoothly.

One thing I noticed: I cannot configure the clock widget. Clicking on settings has no respsonse whatsoever. Bitcoin settings for example works.

I have configured my clock as double size widget (1x2) May this cause a problem? Settings of other 1x1 widgets work and can be modified.

I tested switching the clock to 1x2 which worked without any drawback. I still can configure it and can switch back to 1x1.
Any errors in the log?

Iā€™m not @John but I have the same problem.

Could not find resource file "/apps/dashboard/ā€¦"

I have all 3rd party apps in /apps2/ā€¦. :wink:

@anon99252149
which resource file?
BTW: How can you configure a different app folder?

Yes from Github. Extract from Master.zip and renamed the folder to Dashboard.

All style.css and script.js files of all four widgets.

/apps isnā€™t writable and /apps2 is writable. So I donā€™t lose any 3rd party app during an update.

@Holger_Dehnhardt @John use the owncloud app store for now. Although weā€™re actually pretty far for the first release itā€™s not ready yet. Hereā€™s the progress in case youā€™re interested https://github.com/nextcloud/appstore/milestone/2

Apart from that I think Nextcloud integration is still missing, AFAIK devs will start to work on that at the end of this month

Strange! Ist there any reason in the message or in the logs?
Can you try to set the following config variable (in config/config.php):
ā€˜appcodecheckerā€™ => false
What nextcloud version are you using?

Getting a string of these errors in the log (one for each widget):

Could not find resource file "/apps/dashboard/widgets/iframe/style.css"
Undefined offset: 0 at /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/template/resourcelocator.php#119

Did the Git Clone thing to get the app and using NC 9.0.52

Your app directory is differnt from apps as well?

No, my apps directory is /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps

Still the same here with all four style.css and script.js after moving all files to /apps.
But I can configure the Clock widget now.

git clone or manual upload makes no difference.

@anon99252149 and @calmlychilled
could it be an issue of file rights - the path seems to point to the right resourceā€¦

@anon99252149 and @calmlychilled
Iā€™s no problem with file rights. I do have the same errors. Weird, becaus the files are found and loadedā€¦

Didnā€™t work. I use this Version 9.0.52 (daily) Build:2016-07-15T23:01:02+00:00

And Dashboard 1.7.8. beta

get the same message .

The version Holger is refering to should identify itself as 1.9.1 beta. Are you sure, you have used the correct github repo then?

@John: Thanks for answering, John.
@all: Obviously there is something wrong with the handling of css and js files. I will try to find a solution in the next days. I also will create an issue on GitHub so we can continue the there.

2 Likes

Left some comments about the API on the repo in an issue.

@anon99252149; Loading widgets from different app paths should work now on. Use the GitHub code to try it.
The other error messages should be gone now as well.
@nickvergessen: with respect to your last comment I modified the source code to use the same mechanism to include css and script files - but different app pathes are now recognized.
The ā€œspecialā€ array member can now be omitted.
@all: nickvergessen had commented the api at GitHub but he seems very busyā€¦ can anyone else show me some sample codes or explain, what exactly he means?