Collective accidently deleted

Hello!

By deleting the collective members circle, I noticed to my surprise that the collective itself got deleted as well. I wasn’t expecting this.
I needed to newly setup the members (guests) as they didn’t see this collective at all. Another shard collective is visible though strangely…
I believe the circles app - I used it before it was integrated into nc - doesn’t work as advertised, at least not in our configuration. Maybe it got corrupted somehow…

My question is there a way to recover the deleted collective?
I looked in the deleted files, but nothing there…
I also setup the backup app, which updates incrementally every day, but I don’t see any way to recover from it. Please note, I’m not an IT guy

Any suggestions?

Dear @baspeij,

thanks for your feedback!

If you have direct (shell/filesystem) access to the Nextcloud instance, the markdown files of your collective might still be around in the appdata_<appid>/_collectives/<collective_id>/ folder. There’s a daily background job though that cleans up those cruft collectives where the circle got deleted.

I don’t know the details of the backup app and whether it backups the appdata folder. If this is the case, then you might be lucky.