Collabora online with built in code server doesn't work

hello, when i try to open a collabora document i get the error message failed to load collabora online please try again later

i followed exactly the steps of this tutorial to install it : https://nextcloud.com/blog/how-to-install-collabora-online-in-nextcloud-hub/ and it doesn’t work :confused:

• collabora online is installed
  • collabora built in code server is installed
  • the option “use the built in code” is activated

do you know what the problem is ?

i found other reports of the exact same or very similar problem :

some informations :

• Nextcloud version: 21.0.3 - 21.0.3.1
  • PHP version: 7.3.29
  • Database: mysql 10.2.40
  • Webserver: Apache (litespeed)
  • Operating system: Linux 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.25.10.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 29 04:37:40 EDT 2019 x86_64
  • Collabora Online: 4.2.2
  • Collabora Online - Built-in CODE Server: 6.4.1004

Hey Toup,

as you can see my problem has been fixed (see here). I am running a raspberry Pi 4 so this solution is related to running Collabora on an ARM machine!

In short: I had a 32bit OS with an 64bit kernel. This did not work so I switched to an 64bit OS (Ubuntu 20.04.3 ARM64).

I don’t know if this is related: in my case, Apache didn’t work so I changed to NGINX. It works fine.

I remember in older versions of NC/Collabora/CODE Server there was a need for additional webserver rules to get the CODE Server running. Can’t find it for now. In my case I don’t need this. But maybe I remember wrong…

Which OS (Distro) and hardware do you use?
Any Apache/PHP errors /var/log/apache2/error.log ? (no idea where the php logs are located…)

Disclaimer: I’m not a PRO!

hi tompson,
thank you for your answer !

i did see that your pbm was marked as resolved, but your solution seems to imply that you changed your system ? So we don’t know more on how to fix the colabora code server problem, right ?

in my case, i’m on a shared server so i can’t change my configuration easily ! unfortunately i think this is where the problem comes from, i’m going to see how i can figure that out (for exemple, i found out that i don’t have the recommended 512 Mo for php memory)

and i’m going to check on error logs, you’re right, i’ll have to find them !

i’m definitely not a pro :wink:

I agree. My problem has an other source and solution.

Additionally you could check if a firewall is blocking the Codeserver. No idea if this can happen…