- Created AWS account
- Activated Amazon S3 Drive (3 month free, 70 € / year, unlimited storage)
- Created a bucket “ncbackupxyz”
- Followed this manual to create “Access Key ID” and “Secret Access Key” without using IAM Users: How to Get AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key
- Configured External Storage with the values above: No connection
- Configured External Storage with these values (bucket “ncbackupxyztest” which does not exist on Amazon S3 Drive) it works.
Can anyone explain me this?
you must not create a bucket before. Choose a Bucket name which does not exist in you Amazon account. Nexcloud will create the bucket for you…
Sorry not read your last point
Thanks, that seems to be the point.
i configured external Storage AWS S3 as you explained. Everthing is working, but now i have an S3 bucket Location US East (Northern Virginia) !? But i will feel much more safe with an bucket in EU or better in Frankfurt!
Is this possible?
@tv_cologne: Create a new topic?
I have removed the S3 bucket for the moment. I don’t know if I had a bucket in FFM
It was only for testing … so I think I had one in the US.
I can’t give you a hint about that … sorry.
same issue here!
There are 2 problems at the moment with S3 storage configuration (NC 11.0.3):
- creation of bucket in other region is not possible (or I don’t know how to set the correct values but tried a lot!)
- so I want to use an existing bucket in region outside of us but it is not possible to use an existing bucket