Call for testing: Nextcloud 13.0.0 RC4

thanks for the new rc4 . i have a question.

i have accedentelly upgraded to nextcloud 14.0.0 and i do not know how did this happen. how can i test the rc4 now ? and why to downgrade please ?

Hi, we do not support downgrades. The question is how did you upgrade to 14 already? Did you used the daily channel?

yes i was using the daily channel.

Nextcloud 14.0.0 alpha Build:2018-01-19T22:01:32+00:00 0599d9284d2484bdc78974b856ce04c7f1902f89

the problem is that now i turned off the update notification because it makes errors .

when i go to the settings /index.php/settings/admin . i get this

Internal Server Error
The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details
Remote Address: 192.168.0.226
Request ID: 93Mi9EoSs0xdk2W9ghmu

so now Update notification is disabled

this is from the logs

Error index Error: Call to undefined method OCA\UpdateNotification\Controller\AdminController::getForm() 2018-01-31T21:36:00+0100
Error PHP Unknown: send of 5 bytes failed with errno=32 Broken pipe at Unknown#0 2018-01-31T07:04:00+0100
Error PHP Unknown: send of 5 bytes failed with errno=32 Broken pipe at Unknown#0 2018-01-31T07:03:30+0100
Error index Error: Call to undefined method OCA\UpdateNotification\Controller\AdminController::getForm() 2018-01-28T01:08:23+0100

Yes - the daily channel is highly unstable at least now that we started with the development of 14. To roll back use a backup and install it into a fresh Nextcloud 13.

i want to help with the testing of nc14 so can you give me the latest daily version of nc14 i mean a link to zip file which have the last nc14 daily files. because i can not see new updates now so maybe a new version that i can replace the files will help

If I upgrade to RC4, can I then upgrade to the final version of Nextcloud 13? Are there supposed to be any problems? Or better should I wait the final version to upgrade from Nextcloud 12?

Yes, you should be able to update from RC4 to the final

It’s an RC. Never use this on an produktive system. If you do so be shure to have good backups to be able to revert back.

I clone my production nc and try the releasecandidates on this clone…

1 Like

Sure this will works and should not cause problems. (That is also the way we update our instances as well) :wink:

Update went fine - used the web-updater. The issue with the ios-app is not solved (sabredav error [OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: No read permissions] only there, Andorid app -dont know, dav on mac + win10 is fine). RC3 -> RC4 with postgresql und latest ubuntu 16.04.3 :thumbs-up:

1 Like

Upgrade went without any problems.
Keeweb is outdated and needed to be disabled.

Also I get the following note in admin settings (sry für the German):
“Es wird ein Nicht-Standard-Aktualisierungsserver zum Prüfen auf Aktualisierungen verwendet: https://updates.nextcloud.com/updater_server/

what to do?

Good point - this seems to be a bug in that message. I will have a look. Nevertheless this is the correct URL.

Fix is in https://github.com/nextcloud/server/pull/8136

One Question 13.0.0 RC4 -> will the Task App be part of the Core since 13 or is it still a separate App under NC 13 too?

I wasn’t sure if it is a quest for NC Release or App Release …

The task app was always separate an can be fetched from the app store. Also in 13 we didn’t added apps to the server release.