Calendar recurring events

Hi,

i have a problem with recurring events. I want to create an events every second monday of every 4th month. i can create this type of event in my android without problem, but they are not synced with nc. every other kind of event works like a charm.
Is there any chance to create this types of event in the webinterface or get this events synced.

best regards

After the complete rewrite of the Calendar app this repeating rule is not implemented yet.

I have created an event with your criteria and the event was synced properly. The web app shows the event correctly.

About recurring events, is it possible to change the time and place for one instance only? As of this moment, when I change an instance, it affects all previous and future events, which might cause a conflict in any future events. If it is not possible at the moment, is it planned for future revisions?

@Ivan_Yosifov So far, I was unable to edit a single occurrence of a repeating events.
There is another thread about this feature request.

ref: https://github.com/nextcloud/calendar/issues/7

REQUEST: Custom Repeating Calendar Events.

For example, on iPhone, I can create a calendar event that has the following repeating qualities: “Event repeats every year on the 3rd Monday of February.”

I can’t establish a repeating calendar event like this in Nextcloud.

1 Like

Absolutely! This request is as vintage as they come. Moved to this thread for visibility and discussion. Don’t worry, it is still linked in the large feature requests thread. :heart:

This Nextcloud webpage describes having the ability to set repeating calendar events like I described above: Using the Calendar app — Nextcloud latest User Manual latest documentation

Why does this webpage not reflect what I actually see in the Nextcloud calendar app I’m using?

@fwpods Thanks, didn’t realize this was an option, but documentation shows how to do the following after installing the calendar app:

Add recurring options

An event may be set as “recurring”, so that it can happen every day, week, month or year. Specific rules can be added to set which day of the week the event happens or more complex rules, such as every fourth Wednesday of each month.

You can also tell when the recurrence ends.

../_images/calendar_event_repeat.png

I do not have the “Repeat” tab as the image above shows in my calendar app. Why?

The UI changed. It’s now found in the Details tab.

1 Like