Built-in CODE Server app

As pointed out at How to install ONLYOFFICE in Nextcloud Hub and new integration feature, a new built-in Collabora Online Developers Edition server app is on its way to the Nextcloud hub:

https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/richdocumentscode

Here are the corresponding Github repositories to the server part and the integration app:

This might be an exciting alternative to the ONLYOFFICE integration :slight_smile: So a big THANK YOU to the teams of Nextcloud and Collabora!

I thought it would be best to have a new thread over here as the other thread was about the ONLYOFFICE announcement.

3 Likes

How does this differ from collabora in docker?

there’s even a beta-version in appstore…
https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/richdocumentscode

and i cant wait to try it - as soon as its ready to release

That’s what i wanted to know.
Performances - Features - Resources benchmarking between Docker CODE and this Apps.

Can it be run on Raspberry 4 (ARM)?

That would be great news. So far every available office app needs a x86 architecture…

It seems to reference some AppImage, so unless I am misinterpreting it, this isn’t quite comparable to the OnlyOffice php-only community document server.

Still, if it makes installing Collabora easier than this is a nice improvement.

Hi!

I have added the two apps, and I get a message that I need to set up a URL for the COLLABORA SERVER:

Collabora Online is not setup yet.
Click here to configure your own server or connect to a demo server.

Which takes me to:

Collabora Online requires a seperate server acting as a WOPI-like Client to provide editing capabilities.

Entering my server’s address here does not work… also tried localhost and 127.0.0.1.

Hi People,
maybe you have an idea/solution for a problem as follows:

• Installed NC19 today.
  • Installed the new richdocumentscode app
  • updated richdocuments to 3.7.0
  • switched Collabora from external server to internal - but down got int working :frowning:

My Setup:

• Ubuntu 18.04.04 LTS
  • PHP 7.3.18 fpm for ngingx
  • Apache (2.4.29-1ubuntu4.13) with ngingx proxy (1.16.1.3-v.ubuntu.18.04+p18.0.26.0+t200325.2219)
  • Plesk 18.0.27 Update #1

Sample Log-Output from Plesk:
28130#0: *1002673 FastCGI sent in stderr: “Plesk-Subscription-Name/Domain-Name/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 246
PHP message: PHP Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Connection refused) in /var/www/vhosts/Plesk-Subscription-Name/Domain-Name/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 246
PHP message: PHP Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Connection refused) in /var/www/vhosts/Plesk-Subscription-Name/Domain-Name/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 246
PHP message: PHP Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Connection refused) in” while reading response header from upstream

Any ideas how to solve by Plesk-UI instead of digging deep in config files (that that may be overwritten by future Plesk updates)?

See also open issue on github: https://github.com/CollaboraOnline/richdocumentscode/issues/26

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think it is related to Plesk. The log tells that startup of Collabora Online was not successful, this is why proxy.php cannot connect to localhost:9982. I’ve seen this myself on one of my test systems, but I have not figured out why. Surely the product will stabilize in the next weeks, as developers gather the feedback.

Hello, I have the same problems with Debian 10, php7.3 or php7.4.

I try to run ./Collabora_Online.AppImage manually and It’s works ! But it doesn’t work with Nextcloud :frowning:

Having the same problem after latest update today. I’m running Plesk aswell together with Debian.

Edit: It magically works again now…

I’m having the same issue with CentOS 8. Suspecting an SELinux permissions issue, since SELinux has typically been the cause of my woes lately. I love security, but man SELinux can be a pain lol.

Edit for posterity (and google), my /var/log/php-fpm/www-error.log log file (it was taking 11GB of space on my machine and breaking Nextcloud):

[14-Aug-2020 13:39:06 UTC] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Connection refused) in /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 253
[14-Aug-2020 13:39:06 UTC] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Connection refused) in /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 253
[14-Aug-2020 13:39:06 UTC] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connec[14-Aug-2020 22:10:44 UTC] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Permission denied) in /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 253
[14-Aug-2020 23:15:43 UTC] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Permission denied) in /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 253
[15-Aug-2020 00:20:43 UTC] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Permission denied) in /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 253
[15-Aug-2020 01:25:42 UTC] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Permission denied) in /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 253
[15-Aug-2020 02:30:42 UTC] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Permission denied) in /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 253
[15-Aug-2020 03:35:43 UTC] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Permission denied) in /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 253

I’m also seeing this issue:

unable to connect to localhost:9982 (Connection refused) in /var/snap/nextcloud/21796/nextcloud/extra-apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php on line 253

Nextcloud snap in Ubuntu 20 in a VM.

Hi!

I managed to make it work by activating open_basedir in PHP

sounds cool, hope that helps me. What do you mean you activated open_basedir? I am on shared hosting and I do have an option for open_basedir, but it is not a checkbox, but a text input in which I am supposed to type folder paths…
thanks for your help

What did you do?