Bug in Nextcloud 28.0.2 - expiration date is in the past

Hi. I upgraded three Nextclouds to Nextcloud 28.0.2 and there is a bug (see issue 43243 for RC5). Also thanks to @Slem and his thread.

If i set exipration date it is marked as tomorrow 02.02.2024 but i can not change it. I get the error in the screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/iT2QI35.png

If you need expiration date please do not upgrade to Nextcloud 28.0.2.

Hello,

Unfortunately I did upgrade before seeing this … I’m seeing the same exact problem, whatever the date I put, either using the calendar widget or entering it manually. I even tried mm/dd/yyyy in case it was some problem with the date format (in french I have dd/mm/yyyy).

Pierre.

Ugh. I seem to be running into a form of this problem. I have my sharing set up to have a default expiration, but now that value can’t be changed via the “customize link” menu.

You can set a default expiration in admin settings. Hope that helps you.

I have the same problem with 28.0.2. Setting a default expiration date in admin settings makes no difference in my case.

In the 28.0.3 RC1 I can‘t reproduce it.
Release on Thursday, maybe it helps :smiling_face:

On my test system Nextcloud 28.0.3 RC1 there is still the bug. :coffee: :tea:

It appears to be fixed in NextCloud 28.0.3 web interface but not in the desktop client. The latest desktop client 3.12.1 still has the expiry date is in the past problem.

I have Nextcloud 28.0.3 and I have the Bug on the web interface (we don’t use client).

“app”: “no app in context”,
“method”: “POST”,
“url”: “/ocs/v2.php/apps/files_sharing/api/v1/shares”,
“message”: “Exception thrown: OCP\Share\Exceptions\GenericShareException”,
“userAgent”: “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36”,
“version”: “28.0.3.2”,
“exception”: {
“Exception”: “OCP\Share\Exceptions\GenericShareException”,
“Message”: “Expiration date is in the past”,
“Code”: 404,

I just performed an upgrade via OCC ( 28.0.4 it’s available) and the Bug for the web interface it’s fixed.