Android Client stuck on grant access

Hello,

Linux and Windows clients work fine. Android app stays stuck on ā€œgrant accessā€. Netxcloud instance is running on nginx and sitting behind haproxy with ssl offloading.

No errors in the nextcloud or nginx logsā€¦ any help will be appreciated !

Hi @Steel_PC , did you check/try (Solved) Client won't connect to server - Usual fix didn't work already?

Hello ! Yes I did but none of it workedā€¦

Some news. If I had :443 to my domain in the app I get through the grant access part :slight_smile:

I still get a ā€œServer in maintenanceā€ in the main part of the and no folder or file is showing.

Here is what I get in nginx access log

[28/Apr/2021:16:01:07 +0200] "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1" 503 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Android) Nextcloud-android/3.16.0 RC2" "85.95.204.16" "NC_DOMAIN" sn="NC_DOMAIN" rt=0.033 ua="unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock" us="503" ut="0.032" ul="19" cs=

If I check the NC_DOMAIN/status.php from a browser

{"installed":true,"maintenance":false,"needsDbUpgrade":false,"version":"20.0.9.1","versionstring":"20.0.9","edition":"","productname":"","extendedSupport":false}

Figured it out ! ā€¦ No need for :443 ā€¦

'csrf.optout' => 
  array (
    4 => '/Nextcloud-android/',
  ),
1 Like

Glad to hear you found the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

I experienced all the symptoms you described, getting stuck on the Grant Access page, with the hosting being behind a reverse proxy.

What solved it for me was to log in through the browser on a PC, go to the Security settings tab, and Create a new app password. I logged in with this instead of the main username and password.

3 Likes

I got stuck for a while on my Android phone. I cleared data, uninstalled, reinstalled and same thing. Someone suggested it might be stale cookies so I decided to reboot my phone. I logged in and that page came up where it would normally get stuck. I clicked on the link and it went right in. So try rebooting your phone!

Iā€™m not sure how to configure the above suggested ā€˜csrf-outputā€™. What worked for me for sure is the ā€˜new app passwordā€™. More so, the qr code scanning made it a breeze to authenticate from app. Thanks for the suggestion.