Android App 3.28.1 Breaks Downloading/Viewing Files

The latest update to the Android app, as it ships from F-Droid, is broken. I can view a list of files and folders, upload new ones, etc. But, I cannot download any files. Everything just shows a file size of “0 bytes” when I try to download it. Downloading the same files via the web interface on any device works fine.

Have confirmed the bugged behavior on two different devices. One device wasn’t exhibiting the behavior, but it was on 3.28.0. I updated it to 3.28.1 and the behavior started on that device as well.

Platform: Android 14
App Version: Nextcloud 3.28.1 (F-Droid)
Problem: All files show a file size of “0 bytes” when you try to download or view them, and so are unable to be viewed or downloaded.

3 Likes

Hi, i got the same problem.

1 Like

The issue has already been reported and the developers are already working on a fix. See here: Regression: Downloaded files stay in tmp, not in intended location · Issue #12775 · nextcloud/android · GitHub

1 Like

It seems the latest Nextcloud Android app update from F-Droid is broken, preventing file downloads. This issue persists across different devices and versions. Reporting it to Nextcloud support for resolution is advisable.

1 Like

Seems there is a newer version that should solve this issue. WARNING Nextcloud Android client version 3.28.1 deletes user data Revert back to 3.28.0 (F-Droid) - #7 by JimmyKater
Testing quality needs to be increased.

1 Like