After 11 Upgrade: Sabre Web Dav error in log

Hi Guys,

the upgrade of my NC 10 to 11 went pretty well today on a webhosters enoviroment

Only one error message bothers me in the logs and I couldnt quite find any information here so far:

Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated: HTTP/1.1 401 No ‘Authorization: Basic’ header found. Either the client didn’t send one, or the server is misconfigured, No public access to this resource., No ‘Authorization: Basic’ header found. Either the client didn’t send one, or the server is misconfigured, No ‘Authorization: Basic’ header found. Either the client didn’t send one, or the server is misconfigured

Any ideas?

Everything else seems smooth by the way!

Oh, another thing just popped up, a so far unseen error message

Error PHP file_get_contents(/proc/meminfo): failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /kunden/XXX/SERVER/apps/serverinfo/lib/SystemStatistics.php#71

The first one looks like because of the changed cal/carddav links in nc 11:

…/remote.php/cal|carddav… both changed to …/remote.php/dav/…

You could also get the correct new links from the web ui of course. Try to adjust all calendar and contact clients that sync with nc accordingly to solve the first error.

Hm, I will need some time to update all clients, BUT…

strangely enough, the clients I did test (running NC 11, but no changes in the clients path for calendars) DID seem to work flawlessly: no error message on the client and changes in calendars were reflected on the NC-calendars webfrontend.

However, even after changing the path on the first client I will get constantly the same error message, which on expanding itself provides more information:

Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated: HTTP/1.1 401 No ‘Authorization: Basic’ header found. Either the client didn’t send one, or the server is misconfigured, No public access to this resource., No ‘Authorization: Basic’ header found. Either the client didn’t send one, or the server is misconfigured, No ‘Authorization: Basic’ header found. Either the client didn’t send one, or the server is misconfigured
[internal function] Sabre\DAV\Auth\Plugin->beforeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/kunden/XXXXXX/SERVER/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
/kunden/XXXX/SERVER/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 466: Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit(‘beforeMethod’, Array)
/kunden/XXXX/SERVER/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 254: Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/kunden/XXXX/SERVER/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 227: Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
/kunden/XXXX/SERVER/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 30: OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
/kunden/XXXX/SERVER/remote.php - line 165: require_once(‘/kunden/XXXX…’)
{main}

I checked several clients - all clients seem to have the right calendar path, seems like they updated themselves?

However, the above mentioned error message still pops up in the log every few minutes.

Yes I have a similar problem after upgrading from 10.0.0 to 10.0.0. Synchronization used to work fine.on 10.0.0 with carddav and caldav. apps from the store. But now sessions shows that there is no communication going on. Synchronization does work however but gets inteerupted for several hours or sometimes days.

I see this as serious because you cannot fully trust the agenda and contacts between equipment. Please can you fix this later on?

Above you see the errors shown in the administrative account. I have now changed to davdroid but this does not fix it. Best regards Cees

I have recieved an answer from my webhoster. can anybody check this if this is really ok?

Wenn Sie die URL http://XXX.SERVER.DE/remote.php/dav/calendars/username/ im Browser anfragen und das Logfile gleichzeitig überwachen werden Sie feststellen dass hier bei jedem Request zunächst ein solcher Logeintrag erstellt wird. Hintergrund hierfür ist dass beim Zugriff auf einen geschützten Bereich immer zuerst ein Fehler 401 zurückgegeben wird, erst im Anschluss erfolgt die Authentifizierungsabfrage und nur nach der Bestätigung der Authentifizierungsabfrage ist der gesuchte ‘Authorization: Basic’ Header gesetzt. Insofern ist dies nur ein sehr detailliertes Logging, Auswirkungen auf die Funktion sollte dies jedoch nicht haben.

I am surprised, it looks like the plug is out of the bath…

No idea why suddenly the tablet starts synchronizing and the phone which now has DavDroid has stopped. Like the next part of the log file shows:

The errors in the administrator account do still show up:

Maybe this helps…

Today I installed my Samsung Phone again. I am running version 11.0.1 currently. I cannot not log in with the NextCloud App. The server takes to much time.

The errors about no authentication do come up every time I try to log in with the NextCloud APP. Also through DAVDROID no contacts come in… Please help! Best regards Cees.

Hi There, logging in, through Chrome, is now very slow from a windows computer. It takes maybe a minute.

Perhaps that is why the Android App tels me there is a save connection… Then I log in, after which the APP tells me : “The server took to long to respond”. I cannor use the app at this moment but will keep on trying.

I updated the server with the latest updates. I saw that also an update for PHP was installed. After reboot I tried again to log in. That gave the latest error output as follows:

Notice the error about authentication has changed in text. No idea why that is. But logging in from the Android App is still not possible. The app on my tablet works flawlessly. Strange. Best Regards, Cees

Hello, I have now tried to connect through the local ip directly on the router. Immediately the phone connects with the NextCloud App. I switched off the WiFi on the phone and Yes the account immideately connects to the server. Somebody some light on this? Is there a document describing the situation with an own domain, a fixed IP at home and the configuration of NextCloud and the router? Best Regards, Cees

Very good!. About the first of February I see an update of DavDroid and NextCloud apps. The above reported errors have now gone for 4 days! Thanks!

I can not confirm any change in the problem, the log entries are still there as up today, all apps are up to date in my installation.

I see the same here. The problem appears for me when trying to sync the carddav contacts from rainloop. But basically what I see is this message in the log over and over again:

"app":"webdav","message":"Exception: {\"Message\":\"HTTP\\\/1.1 401 No 'Authorization: Basic' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is misconfigured, No public access to this resource., No 'Authorization: Basic' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is misconfigured, No 'Authorization: Basic' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is misconfigured\",\"Exception\":\"Sabre\\\\DAV\\\\Exception\\\\NotAuthenticated\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 [internal function]: Sabre\\\\DAV\\\\Auth\\\\Plugin->beforeMethod(Object(Sabre\\\\HTTP\\\\Request), Object(Sabre\\\\HTTP\\\\Response))\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/nextcloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/sabre\\\/event\\\/lib\\\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/nextcloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/sabre\\\/dav\\\/lib\\\/DAV\\\/Server.php(466): Sabre\\\\Event\\\\EventEmitter->emit('beforeMethod', Array)\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/nextcloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/sabre\\\/dav\\\/lib\\\/DAV\\\/Server.php(254): Sabre\\\\DAV\\\\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\\\\HTTP\\\\Request), Object(Sabre\\\\HTTP\\\\Response))\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/dav\\\/lib\\\/Server.php(227): Sabre\\\\DAV\\\\Server->exec()\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/dav\\\/appinfo\\\/v2\\\/remote.php(30): OCA\\\\DAV\\\\Server->exec()\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/nextcloud\\\/remote.php(165): require_once('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/ownclo...')\\n#7 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/nextcloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/sabre\\\/dav\\\/lib\\\/DAV\\\/Auth\\\/Plugin.php\",\"Line\":168,\"User\":false}","level":0,"time":"2017-02-13T06:32:01+00:00","method":"PROPFIND","url":"\/remote.php\/dav\/addressbooks\/users\/pab2\/contacts\/","user":"--","version":"11.0.1.2"}

Running into same problems with my iOS Devices too though sync worked before. My suspect is the Brute-Force Filter that it blocks/ prevents login attempts from same external IP. And as long I try to connect from same WLAN subnet it fails but as soon as I connect via 3G/4G it works… could somebody else verify this?

So try to connect from different subnet (not the same router). Also try to enable manual update/ refresh your clients apps. I have here iPad, iPhone, Mac and sometimes one or two different PCs communicating with my nextcloud from the same segment. Maybe this is too much.

Thank you for your feedback. In my case, the issue persists event after truncating the bruteforce_attempts table. So I doubt the Brute-Force filter is the culprit here.

I bring up this issue again. After Update to 10.0.2 and while uploading a larger file (approx 100 MB) my NC client throws up an error message and I am getting same WebDAV error in my logfile.

02.03.17 13:38:19, Public/video/msoffice-online.m4v, Nextcloud,Das Element ist aufgrund vorheriger Fehler nicht synchronisiert: Error downloading https://cloud.jakobssystems.de/remote.php/webdav/Public/video/msoffice-online.m4v-chunking-1639959041-10-0 - server replied: Forbidden (Sabre\DAV\Exception\Forbidden)

1 Like

Same here. I just upgraded today to latest Nextcloud (11.0.2) and I am facing the exact same issues @lex and @jakobssystems have reported.

The point to me is that for some weird reason macOS is trying to log in with user "--", although my username is in the form of "name.surname" (notice the dot).

{ "reqId":"WQ....", "level":0, "time":"2017-05-07T16:02:33+00:00", "remoteAddr":"XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX", "user":"--", "app":"webdav", "method":"REPORT", "url":"\/remote.php\/dav\/principals\/users\/", "message":"Exception: {\"Message\":\"HTTP\\\/1.1 401 No public access to this resource., No 'Authorization: Basic' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is misconfigured, No 'Authorization: Basic' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is misconfigured\",\"Exception\":\"Sabre\\\\DAV\\\\Exception\\\\NotAuthenticated\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\"...