Your storage is almost full

I actually think I understand why it’s doing that, but it’s just a funny thing.

Here’s my setup. Basically I have incremental daily backup of ~12 GB of my important documents. Every day my script makes hardlinks to files that didn’t change and adds new “bytes” of data of the files that did change.

Basically the file size of the backup never changes and 30gigs of my EC2 instance will be enough for good many years in the future. BUT due to the nature of the hardlinks Nexcloud thinks of them as the files so over time I have this:

But the actual space that is taken is only ~15gb of the hard drive. I just found it interesting. Well anyways, it could be cool if I could remove the “Your storage is almost full” message as it will not be full in the near future.

Thanks!

Hi depawlur

You are using NC10?

I changed

replace: /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/helper.php
config:php:
'filesystem_check_changes' => 1,
'quota_include_external_storage' => false,
In Nextcloud - AdminPanel:
set user quota e.g. to "unlimited" or any specific valid value e.g. 1.2TB

You can find the patched file: here

(1) download the patched one
(2) backup (move) the original file (e.g. sudo mv /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/helper.php ~/helper.php)
(3) put the new file to /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/helper.php
(4) restart nginx (service nginx restart) or apache :wink:

This patch was officially requested and fixed for me on
1: public upload failed if 'quota_include_external_storage' => true, · Issue #801 · nextcloud/server · GitHub
2: fix quota calculation when a filesystem is mounted in a user home by icewind1991 · Pull Request #847 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

For Nextcloud 11 this issue was already fixed.
Cheers, Carsten

As a matter of fact I’m on NC11. Thanks for pointing where to look, I will see what I can dig.
It’s not a big deal.

A post was split to a new topic: Storage usage questions