You have no permission to write to the selected folder!

I don’t know, if it will work:
Before release of desktop client 3.x I prefered version 2.6.5:
https://download.nextcloud.com/desktop/releases/Windows/Nextcloud-2.6.5-setup.exe
Maybe it will work and then we will know, whether it is a software 3.x issue.

OK, found another system I could use for testing. Latest version supporting SMB-folders is 3.1.3. Versions >=3.2.0 (including rc1/rc2) do not work.

If I guess correctly there was no change in the code involved (desktop/folderman.cpp at 3c749bd3834f624f7270013218e9cf9cd572fb93 · nextcloud/desktop · GitHub), so it might be a bug in Qt, not NextCloud itself.

1 Like

I can confirm that with version 2.6.5 on the same Windows 8.1 system, synchronization with the same Samba shares is possible, but no longer with the current version 3.3.5.

So it seems to be an issue with desktop client 3.x or its library.

As said, 3.1.x works fine, so not a 3.x-problem, only 3.2.x and 3.3.x.

Since this is obviously a reproducible bug of the windows desktop client, there should be an issue on github.
I searched on Issues · nextcloud/desktop · GitHub and did not find this bug. Is this the right place and search phrase? Since I have no experience making new entries there and am not familiar with the desired procedure, it would be nice if someone who is more familiar with it would post the bug and then link it here. Can someone do that?

Yeah, probably a good idea to track it over there. #3910

2 Likes

I have the same issue in client 3.8.0
it’s not working with SMB share on Windows 10 Pro.

Now i installed 2.6.5 and it works like a charm!

There is a BUG!

kindly

same for me with client 3.10.1 (x64)
quite the same configuration as the original description from RalphGL.

Hermann