Wrong time in mexico (we dropped DST last year)

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version: 26.0.0
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 22.04
Apache or nginx version: nginx 1.18.0
PHP version : 8.1

The issue you are facing:

Time displayed in the calendar for the timezone America/Mexico_City is incorrect. Mexico dropped DST last year and now it is permanently UTC-6:00, however whatever source the calendar might have for this information is out of date because it displays the time as if it was UTC-5:00 (the line that shows the current line in the calendar is one hour ahead of my desktop’s time). For some reason if I choose some other timezone in the calendar settings that is UTC-6:00 (like America/Tegucigalpa in guatemala) my events don’t show at the correct time but one hour earlier.

The server’s time is set also to America/Mexico_City and its time is correct. All updates have been applied and the server restarted (not only nextcloud but the full server).

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: It started happening exactly the day the time used to change when DST was observed.

Steps to replicate it:

1. Set time to America/Mexico_City in calendar settings and compare to UTC-6:00

I didn’t see anything relevant in the admin log or in config.php and omitted them to reduce noise. Please let me know if they are necessary.

The code was probably not updates yet. Please report to the bug tracker of the calendar app:

Tracked in Update timezone data · Issue #287 · nextcloud/calendar-js · GitHub

2 Likes