I am trying to figure out how to approach this cloud based workflow I am going to try and setup.
My goal is to have 1 storage location which is used by Nextcloud but is also mountable to all my home Windows and Apple Fat Devices.
Not making it to complicated, I was planning on doing this:
- Create Ubuntu server
- Give it Datastore Disk. (ext4)
- Let Nexcloud use the Datastore Disk.
- Share the disk to Windows and OSx (local)
- My mobile devices will use the nextcloud app for syncing,
- Remote machines (not local) are also using the nextcloud app for syncing
- Local Windows and OSx machine are hard mounted to the drive and don’t use the Nexcloud app.
I want to be able to manage the datastore without the use of the Nextcloud app. So when I need to rearrange or rename files and can just do it nativly in Windows or something.
Now if anybody can shoot at this idea, and maybe point me in a better direction… .thanks.
I am also still doubting to format the datastore in ext4… I keep feeling this is not going to help me in the long run when using direct mount on Windows.