Windows app for notes instead of browser?

Hi,
is there a separate Windows app / a Windows program – instead of using a browser – to edit notes like in the Android App of Nextcloud?

Thanks!
webaschtl

Afaik there is no dedicated Nextcoud Desktop app for editing notes. But you can access the files on your Nextcloud via WebDAV or via the Nextcloud Desktop Client and then use any Text / Markdown editor you like…

1 Like

Yes, i am using Windows Explorer…
But within the/an app I could sort it e.g. after creation date or show only marked notes – it’s smoother …

I recommend you to have a look at QOwnNotes.

Also have a look at known 3rd party clients of the Notes app.

2 Likes

Little late on response, but better late then never i would say.

Sometimes open source stuff is a lot of headache. To make things easier i use ferdium myself.
Its basically software that runs a browser as a app inside their software…

Works great for what you looking for as by far.

Hello and welcome to the community support forum :wave:

If you are looking for a native windows client that supports the Nextcloud Notes app, I recommend you to have a look at QOwnNotes, which runs on multiple platforms and is open source itself.

Of course the Notes app stores all notes in files and folders, so you can also use literally any text editor you want and synchronize your notes using the default Nextcloud desktop client.

Click for note about side effectsHowever, keep in mind, that the proposed solutions will not provide the same editing experience - for example rendering specific markdown punctuation might differ from the known web UI rendering, or collaborative editing (with multiple users writing in the same document at the same time), potentially resulting in conflicts.
1 Like

QOwnNotes is a Markdown editor, and since I work in a software company, I know that software developers absolutely love Markdown.
Unfortunately, this does not apply to “normal” users. My 87-year-old mother would also like to take notes, but does that mean she needs to learn Markdown?
Normal people need a text editor comparable to Word, where you can write and format texts as usual. Unfortunately, such an application with a Nextcloud connection is currently missing, and QOwnNotes is not a suitable replacement. Whether the data is saved invisibly in the background in Markdown, RTF or HTML with CSS is actually of secondary importance; the front end must only contain the usual formatting elements in Word.
There is still Joplin, but unfortunately that is heavily bugged. I’m having problems setting up and connecting to the Nextcloud account. And when synchronizing, new entries are occasionally overwritten with old ones.
The best note-taking app for me is still Evernote. If this app had the ability to connect to Nextcloud, I would buy it.