Will be now an OS X Server-Version?

That did make me laugh and it is certainly true, especially in their Server product as distinct from the standard desktop/macbook macOS. Some of the reasons are historic dating back to NeXT, others are license related, yet others are seemingly quasi religious. For what its worth as a mobile app developer Iā€™d like a native macOS release of Nextcloud just for better manageability in my pretty much all macOS estate but I see why there isnā€™t one and I think it is probably distracting. For now I suppose an Ubuntu VM would do. We have several Ubuntu Server VMā€™s already. HFS is going away in the medium term as Apple introduce a new file system in the next version of macOS ā€˜High Sierraā€™. Perhaps that will open an opportunity to revisit this. I certainly wouldnt recommend doing it now when you have so much other stuff on the plate.

I first worked with owncloud server on os X with MAMP

Then i discover better performances and reliability using a real linux server.

If you really want to use OSX as base for your nextcloud server you better use a Linux VM whereas MAMP. I have severals little nextcloud servers on a Linux Vm on OSX it works nicely

Helloā€¦ Iā€™m using Nextcloud sinceā€¦ v11 I guess (?) on macOs serverā€¦ first on Capitan, now on Sierra.

I got several ā€œissuesā€ā€¦ sometimes nothing big, sometimes it isā€¦

I know thereā€™s no ā€œofficialā€ support of macOS, but what about a macOS sub forum or something ? I think thereā€™s enough people using Nextcloud on macOS to open one, right ? That would allow macOS user to share their experiences, even if itā€™s not officially supportedā€¦

right now, got some pbs like:

• canā€™t configure HSTS
  • canā€™t install new apps anymore (donā€™t know why)
  • and sometimes, it crashes the apache server (thatā€™s very new, this oneā€¦) once or twice per day , I got to reboot itā€¦ and I got no clue whyā€¦

If you use the apache build it ServerApp you can activate hsts but you have to use the right conf file. Itā€™s kind of odd where it is.

feel free to tell me (:

/Library/Server/Web/Config
There you have a Proxy Folder and an Apache one,
For HSTS you have to enable the module headers, find on your prefered search engine how to do that.

Then you have to modify your Nextcloud WWW conf file as you will do for adding the HSTS