Which missing apps and features do you want in Nextcloud?

An Admin application (GUI) that would easily allow you to change and/or add an additional storage directory. Separate from application installation/OS drive. Unless you initially install on a NAS, storage often becomes an issue sooner than expected, drives get old (eventually failing) requiring the admin to manually change the data destination, why not just make it a tool for the Admin. I’m sure this easier said than done as I’ve tried moving the data directory to another drive following step by step instructions,. I’m a novice with Linux but I think this feature would really enhance users inclination toward self storage.

1 Like

The ability to add multiple data storage paths with an option that makes them appear as a single merged big storage in the cloud space directory.

2 Likes

A function to allow you to see file hash in the file details information.

@Jammer https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/checksum

It would be nice to see a listing in the files menu for “conflicted copies” in whatever manner possible. Improvements have been arriving for client devices, and this is a complex problem and any way to make it less painful is truly appreciated!

5 Likes

PLEASE create a proper method of migrating between auth backends. For example I would like to migrate from Nextcloud’s internal auth to LDAP. But there’s no real way to do that. I’ve seen several posts saying how to do it, but those involve running various database commands etc, which isn’t a real solution, and Nextcloud can’t expect anyone in the field to reasonably do that in the field in a production environment.

1 Like

Also I would love to be able to choose the same option for all conflicting files at once

3 Likes

“Push Notifications are currently not available” for Nextcloud unless installed on Android via Google Play store.

Android Mobile Client really needs an alternative way to other Push or Pull notifications, as only the Google Play version is currently supported for Nextcloud notifications. Users of F-Droid version, or any Linux users on devices such as the Librem 5 and Pinephone, have no way to receive any notifications on their device afaik.

4 Likes

No more features please. Stability instead. Spend more time on testing than on marketing! Please!

4 Likes

Same for me. And Video playing also.

Chat Notifications Popup or Drop down from Profile Area = HOMERUN!

From users on my Nextcloud, this is the most desirable. The red marker on the bell is not enough of an indicator to be noticed when one has a Talk/IM message.

3 Likes

Being able to use the chat on any page of the web-app ala Facebook would be a big step forward for productivity.

2 Likes

What about opening Talk in another Tab/Window?

Add tag synchronization across the different operating systems.

When tagging on MacBook, I want to be able to see the same tags on my Linux system

1 Like

Is

Forgot password? If so I was just looking for a way to remove that or change the URL to a email

2 posts were split to a new topic: Tag synchronization across the different operating systems

Integrate or prepare Nextcloud with Solid.

https://solidproject.org/

1 Like

I’m still mystified as to how Solid works, using a pod based system for everything. Developers will need to provide some good working examples first. I’m on Tim’s newsletter, but not much technical nor development movement at present.

Great Job on Nextcloud guys, it’s truely amazing.
Some features I’d love to see are:

1. Card Covers for Deck, they already exist on the mobile app but they’re not available for desktop
  2. RTL support for Notes, or the ability to align text in the text editor, maybe export to pdf?
  3. Timer for Time Tracker instead of manual input would be amazing
  4. A way to restore the template folder because once deleted after first creation, there’s no way to bring it back

Thank you for all the amazing effort that you’ve put in this platform. it truly is a one for all solution.

1 Like

It’d be great to keep clearer track of what does work, does not work, and is being roadmapped as a part of Nextcloud release announcements. For years the only method available is to painstakingly test every bit as it appears in order to know whether it is useful or makes sense to use. I do wish this would change in order to help those of us actively bug testing new releases. Hopefully this spurs some interesting discussion.

Thinking of:

1 Like