Which missing apps and features do you want in Nextcloud?

Would love to see project management integrated in NC. For example, openproject.org or projeqtor.org or others. It would take advantage of the user base and groups and have access to files/folders.

1 Like

Automatic saving of text file edition, to be used for notes.

Just saw this answer Which missing apps and features do you want in Nextcloud? which is actually a good solution :slight_smile:

Files On Demand for Nextcloud Desktop Windows Client, like implemented for OneDrive:

The various status of each file and folder is shown in the “Status” column, indicating whether it is in the OneDrive Cloud only or stored locally on the device. Right mouse clicking allows you to choose to “Always keep on this device”

If a file is not stored locally, simply double clicking on it as you normally would to open a file will immediately trigger a download to open the requested file.

Currently, ownCloud is working on it for their next release (Show online files in local storage - #2 by tflidd), about the tests of this feature on their forum: ownCloud Virtual File System - Discussion - Desktop - ownCloud Central. Once it is implemented, there is a chance that we can backport it on the forked Nextcloud client.

OneDrive support as external storage, please.

ref:

Hi Devs,

Can I Deny a sharing or Unshare Button for User who is not the Owner?
Just like Unsharing for a User who does not want to see a share anymore.

I do not want to remove the folder (delete it) and Unshare it for other users who might access the share too.

Probably there is a workaround I do not know?

Thank you.

favicon for all platforms

Favicon checker:

Favicon generator:

1 Like

Hi @tflidd ,

Can I Deny a sharing or Unshare Button for User who is not the Owner?
Just like Unsharing for a User who does not want to see a share anymore.

I do not want to remove the folder (delete it) and Unshare it for other users who might access the share too.

Probably there is a workaround I do not know?

Thank you.

I wasn’t possible and I think it still isn’t. However, this has been requested. There was only a dirty workaround that you go manually through the code removing the sharing button.

honestly, not a good idea. Keep in mind that users can have masses of folders and subfolders, esp. when external stroages, SMB drives etc. are used. This would turn the main and direct navigation into a bloaty javascript-loaden something.

Seeing the upload speed would give the user an overview of the current server performance and would maybe cause them to postpone large file uploads if upload speeds are slow at the moment.

1 Like

True Mobile File Sync

I’d like it for ease of moving pictures off phones while leaving some pet (or children, whatever) pictures to show off, etc.

–Peter

Maybe the Foldersync app might help you: FolderSync - Tacit Dynamics

Maybe asking the developer nicely to push a version for Nextcloud might help :wink:?

Hello dear community,

first of all many thanks for Nextcloud to all involved! It would be great if you could limit the sharing function to a certain period of time. So you don’t have to deactivate them manually, but can rely on the fact that after a certain time the link doesn’t work anymore.

Best regards sn0rp.

Hi, expiration of shares is already possible. Just set an expiration on the link you share. If you don’t immediately see the expiration option, check the three dot menu.

A document signing app would be amazing.

Wiki pages that integrated file referencing would also be huge.

But Document Signing is what is probably going to be the make or break deal for my organization to choose this over some overpriced proprietary board software unfortunately. It hurts because Nextcloud can do 95% of what they want, except document signing :S

3 Likes

Amazingly there does’t really seem to be a good open source document signing system available. So this would definilty be an interesting nieche for a Nextcloud app.

2 Likes

Is the integration between OnlyOffice app and DocuSign helpful?

Not really in the sense that we’re likely not to ever move off MS Office. That is pretty cool though, but it would also mean maintaining 3 different software instead of a direct app/extension for Nextcloud. I discovered SignRequest, which is half the price of Docusign so we’ll see if we can integrate it with the APIs.