Which log files with 'more information' are referred? (Internal Server Error after update php7.0 to php7.3)

Hello,

It seems I’m having the same issues as described here: Upgrade php 7.0 to 7.3

After disabling php7.0 and enabling php7.3 for apache2, I get the following error when visiting my instance:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

In the thread referenced earlier it is suggested that some packages were missing, which was resolved by sifting through hundreds of installed packages. I try to be lazy - and would like to avoid manual checking of my packages.

So I’m wondering: which log files exactly are referenced in the sentence from the error message: “More details can be found in the server log.”?

In the meantime I compared the folders /etc/php/7.3/cli/conf.d and /etc/php/7.3/cli/conf.d and found the missing package. That was actually not that much comparison work Now running php7.3 succesfully. :slight_smile:

Still, I’m wondering which server logs the message referred to. (And who was serving this message - Apache I guess, not NC?)

If this error message was displayed with a Nextcloud background image it is definitely a Nextcloud message. In this case you should have a look in the nextcloud.log file, which by default resides in the Nextcloud data directory. (Check-out the logfile or datadirectory parameter in your Nextcloud config.php file.).