Where find email queue?

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 21.0.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

Hi
Where find email queue?
Queue with emails with notifications from NC server.
In logs, on my email server I noticed that NC try send email to non existent addresses.

1 Like

Anyone?
Anything?

I was curious about this today because I noticed my email server config has been broken for a week or so and I’m wondering if fixing the config today will cause a flood of emails to be sent. I’d rather just clear the queue since nothing critical was missed.

I’m not sure there is a queue of emails waiting to be sent. I don’t see anything like this in the database. I skimmed the 25.0.2 server code a bit, searching for stuff like mailer->send. When sending fails a message is logged and that’s it. In the couple places I checked, anyway. No big deal, most MTAs probably handle queueing and re-sending and such.

I do see other queues though, and queued notifications / events / whatever could remain queued until, for example, an email is sent. In my logs I see repeated stuff like ERROR activity Failed sending activity email to user "joe", which would follow my guess. So maybe you didn’t get an answer because it depends on what thing is queued that might trigger an email, and there isn’t an easy/safe way to globally maintain said queue. (Update: I fixed email settings and–so far–only got the one activity notification that previously showed up in the logs as failed).

I don’t see anything about queue maintenance in the docs.

Again, I’m not a maintainer and I didn’t spend much time digging, so it would be wise to double-check anything I wrote above.