Where can I see a list of files that could not be uploaded?

When uploading many files (photos) via the web browser, I occassionally get error popups saying “Unknown Error” and a few files are then missing after everything else has finished.

I’m not looking for a real fix (problem is most likely caused by a poor connection and/or low resources on the server). I just wonder if there is a place where the logged in user can easily see which files failed so that he can upload them again (i.e., looking into the log files is not an acceptable workaround).

Note that the Nextcloud instance is running on a webserver where I’m having limited access and cannot provide all details requested below (e.g. no ssh). Server settings are set as best as possible under this constraint (e.g. php_value memory_limit 512M).

Nextcloud version: 22.2.5
Operating system and version: Unknown (Linux 5.4.0-99-generic x86_64; hosted @ all-inkl.com)
Apache version: Unknown (probably Apache 2.4+)
PHP version: 7.4.26

There was an app for macOS I think, that allowed to drag&drop files. You could use the desktop app as well, these apps keep better track and in doubt have some logging. In the end, you could use any webdav client, some of them let you compare the content and files on both sides (e.g. winSCP).

For the browser, perhaps you can have a chance in the server logfiles that say that something failed. If it is the connection itself, it’s possible that it isn’t in the server logs. However having a client handling the upload trying certain files again makes a much better user experience.

Thanks for the WebDAV suggestion. That might be an option in some cases. Still, it is awkward that the web UI is not displaying the name of the failing file. It gives one popup per failure, but absolutely no info. Such info could also go into the event log. Well, nevermind.

Yes, that would be a plus. You can check on the bug tracker if there is such a feature request and open it if there isn’t: Issues · nextcloud/server · GitHub. And when you can help programming a bit, than it’s even better :wink: