When Collabora CODE server is enabled, server takes minutes to load pages

Hi! I am not entirely sure why, but clicking anything on my nextcloud server with Collabora Online and Collabora CODE Server enabled causes the server to take minutes to load pages and when I do manage to click on docs it fails to load them.
I am not sure what info to give logs wise or otherwise so feel free to help point me in the right direction.

I am using the most recent version of nextcloud (20.04 I belive) I also used the snap installer instead of dealing with a php server. I am running Ubuntu Server 20.04.

Thanks in advance for any help :slight_smile:

EDIT: Based on @shopminโ€™s response I will also clarify that this was also a fresh install of Ubuntu server as well as fresh install of nextcloud.

I can confirm this behavior. I installed the latest Nextcloud version with the recommended apps yesterday. Finally I reinstalled everything again and did without the recommended apps. Otherwise the NC installation would have been unusable. I had figured it was related to Collabora.
Here are a few more technical details:
Ubuntu Server 20.04 ( 4 cores, 16 GB Ram)
Nginx
PostgreSQL
UFW enabled; Ports 80, 443, 22, 3478 open

Afaik I remember this is a know problem and has already been discussed in this forum. Please use the search function to find further information about that issue.

@j-ed thanks for replying to this topic! I have spent a couple hours looking through these forums and on GitHub. It looks to be a common issue, but most of the discussion is on older versions and none of the ones I could find with solutions have a solution for the snap installer (most of them are for Ngix or Apache implementations). If you are aware of one that I am not, Iโ€™d appreciate if you could link to it.

For anyone else who comes across this, I have found this GitHub Thread to follow: RichDocuments causes significant slowdown/timeout issues in Nextcloud 20.0.2 ยท Issue #1282 ยท nextcloud/richdocuments ยท GitHub

1 Like