What path to use with external storage

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version 19.0.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Unraid 6.8.3
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (eg, 7.1):

The issue you are facing: I’m trying to setup a “external storage” that is basically just a second folder on my Unraid server and I am not sure how too. When creating it, I am using “local” but not sure of the “configuration”.

The ultimate goal (which I THINK I can make happen with external storage) is that I will have 6 mobile devices with different users, that will be backing up to my Nextcloud using mobile apps. They all have a storage folder for their images that uses Instant Sync. I need to keep each individual image folder for each device for backup purposes, but place all of these image folders in the same location under one main folder in my Unraid (which I cant find a way to do). Alternatively, I could have a automatic copy that copies the images from all the files into one large file, duplicating the data but at least it would all be in one file for another software to use for import (the import can only look at one folder path…I thought there may be a way to achieve this using the external storage feature.

Thank You for any advice you can provide.

Did you ever get this figured out?