What is the ‘best’ method of installing NextCloud

Hello,

I posted this question in ‘installation’ last week and haven’t heard anything back so I thought I would repost here and hope the people in ‘support’ can offer some help.

I can see I have two options available to install NextCloud on my Rock64 board.

1). Install Armbian and then at the terminal run $ - curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/master/install.sh | bash

2).Use the NextCloud Pi Image - available here

My Questions

• Which is the preferred method out of the two listed above, that most people use?

• What is the difference between installing with these two methods?

“Most people” may not be a very large sample in terms of people who run NC on those little boards.

If you ask this question, then I’m going to say maybe the NCP image is a better fit since it has more automation. I have not used it personally, and I’m not going to declare it the “best method” (I prefer Docker method on Ubuntu personally).

Hi @KarlF12 ,

Thank you for your reply.

What you have said makes sense to me. I think the automation is probably what I need to be able to install nextcloud successfully.

I don’t think my original question is worded very well.

Is there a better way I can word the question? Let me know and I will edit the post above to that it is clearer for other people to answer.

Thank you again for all your help.