What happened to the calendar app on Nextcloud 15?

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 15.0.0 beta 2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Ubuntu 18.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.29
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.2.10

The issue you are facing:
I upgraded from the most recent Nextcloud 14 version to Nextcloud 15.0.0 beta 2. Prior to upgrade, it claimed that all the apps were supported in the update. After updating, the calendar app (v. 1.6.3) is disabled. The only option is to remove it.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. enable calendar app in Nextcloud 14
  2. Upgrade to Nextcloud 15 beta 2
  3. Try to access the Calendar app

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

[files_external] Debug: Could not find resource file "/apps/files_external/js/templates.js.js"

GET /index.php/apps/files/
from 1.2.3.4 by andrew at 2018-11-18T14:38:58+00:00

Looks like it’s not yet NC 15 compatible.
https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/calendar

Thanks for the link. I should have checked that before upgrading but the message about all apps being compatible was misleading. I probably just didn’t read carefully enough. In any case, it still appears to be syncing on the backend via CalDAV, so it’s not a big deal for me personally; I rarely use the calendar web interface.

There is/was bug about app compatibility message.
https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/12477 You didn’t read it wrong. :wink:

1 Like

Sorry, this is not acceptable. I downloaded the zip and copied it directly into the directory, because (again) the upgrade from withing as well as via ssh failed (14.0.1 to 14.0.4).

You should have withdraw this upgrade, when core functions like calendar, contacts, tasks do not work properly.

What where you thinking?

I’m also very disappointed that the Calendar app is still not compatible with NC 15…
When I discovered the update was available, and that “all my apps were compatible” (damn that bug), I just went ahead and installed the update. Only to discover that the 3 apps I use the most (in fact, the only apps I actually use, everyday, for everything I do!) are not compatible :frowning:
Any timetable as to when Calendar is planned to be compatible?

EDIT: Super weird… Having written the above message, I went back to my Apps list, and the “Enable” button became clickable next to all 3 apps! Including Calendar. Even though all this button was not activated before then, and all apps were marked as “incompatible” during the update process. Hmmm.
Well, anyway, all is well that ends well! I guess Calendar is now compatible :smiley: