After upgrading form NC 9.0.53 to 10.0.0, I am expiriencing problems when connecting via WebDav.
With NC 9.0.53, I could successfully connect from a Windows 7 computer by using Windows native Webdav functionality (simply mapping the webdav url to a drive letter, and “on connecting” provide user credentials). This worked well, although a bit slow in certain circumstances.
Now, after upgrading to NC 10, the connection is no longer possible (I am getting windows error " 0x80070043 network name not found"). The cloud server uses LetsEncrypt certificate for SSL.
If it is the same bug, you need to get the user-agent-string of the windows explorer (check the access-logfile of your webbrowser). If you have the string, you can try to add it here (you need to apply patch #1328 in combination with #797 before):
I this works, create a pull request to add this user-agent-string to the exception list.
@tflidd : I dont belief this is the “same bug”, because my configuration actually did work before the upgrade to NextCloud 10, so the “user-agent string” must have been known before (or am I misunderstanding something?)
but anyway, my “user-agent string” currently is:
"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0"
however, this is only true for this machine of course. If I would login from another computer, there would be another “user-agent string”. It certainly is impossible to keep track of all these strings (with every browser update, the string changes). So “adding these strings to the server-software” is simply impossible.
Sorry, I need a different solution I am afraid
Thanks tflidd for your answer, but my problem seems not SSL related (if it was, I belief I would receive some kind of “connection not possible” message - but then again, maybe not…)
However, the only “reply” I am getting when trying to connect is (as mentioned before) a “Network name could not be found”. (I tried this with both http and https on the URL https://cloud.mydomain.com/remote.php/webdav/ ).
And I still would like some clarification on the actually needed URL for “WebDAVing”, as the doc is inconsistent here…
And I successfully tried the “Synchronisation” (using the WINDOWS desktop client Version 2.2.3 (build 4) ).
So this works, and also the “WebInterface” works.
Only “WebDAV” access is NOT working.
I now successfully updated to 10.0.1, but still cannot connect through Webdav.
There is no error message I can find and no hints at all.
I really need this to work in order to use NextCloud (or do you suggest I should downgrade to 9.0.53 again?)
NC 9 would be a workaround but we want that to work in NC 10 as well. The best is probably to open a new issue on github and to provide an unencryted traffic dump of what your client is sending as well as your webserver logs.
Added Account back on NextCloud android app.
In Setting of NextCloud android app clicked on Setup calendar & contacts sync
Added account via Login with URL and user name
URL format https://mydomain.com
Clicked Login at which point I got a permission notification from DAVdroid in my notifications.
I opened the notification and gave permissions to Calendar, Contact and Task.
I opened DAVdroid and set the CardDAV and CalDav options.
In my Contacts I checked Accounts and DAVdroid was displayed.
With my All Contacts displayed I Click the Menu and choose Contacts to display
I set it to custom and added my NextCloud account set in DAVdroid.
I opened Google Calendar and added a new event for my NextCloud Calander and all worked fine.