WebDAV error 423 when using Nextcloud file upload on iOS

When I tried to upload a few photos with the Nextcloud app, I got “WebDAV error 423 file is locked” (afa I remember).

The root cause was that the creation dates of all those files in the photo library were equal (because I had created them using batch mode in the CamScanner iOS app).

The Nextcloud app tried to convert the creation date into a file name and ran into problems because the file names of multiple files to be uploaded were identical.

Hi, do you have any log exhibiting this behaviour? I have been working on uploads and I got this 423 condition, but with a different root cause: a race condition where 2 tasks were fired at the same time, competing to upload the same file(s). I have this sorted out in an upcoming PR, but if there is evidence of another cause I’m happy to try to fix it

Hi, I just retried this with Nextcloud 34.0.4, and it still happens. However, nothing is logged when the 423 error happens.

It’s quite easy to reproduce: Upload two files with the exact same creation date, and BOOM.

I use the CamScanner iOS App. It scans documents and creates files. When I use “batch mode”, it stores all files into the photo library, with the same creation date. Then I use the Nextcloud iOS app to upload the scans, and the 423 error happens every time.