Webdav client free no ads

Webdav client free no ads

In the short or medium term I don’t think they will improve the nextcloud client, I speak for me that I have millions of files to submit because with virtualdrive choose what to sync and that is not complicated for the user, The CPU that consumes this count on the server side is quite high. and a decent webdav client can be expensive.

But lately I have been doing well with this client.

if anyone wants to try it.

I hope the nextcloud client removes this from virtual drive or if it does please remove this file count, it is not necessary, users expect the data to appear immediately and not wait hours for it to work.

If we are talking about a full on business venture, then if the service is free, then you are the product. Or the free option is lacking, thus pushing you onto the paid services.

Looked at it and the free option, if I understand it correctly, seems that it not to be very secure, thus making anyone who cares about even the most basic aspect of security to have to jump to their paid tiers, which is $17 per year or $25 for a lifetime, which is never advisable with online services, since they could fail at any time.

Nextcloud is not perfect but at least there is some security attached to it, in this regard.

This is a simple webdav client, yes, nextcloud is a good product but their client doesn’t work for me, if it at least works as a webdav client it would be better…and something as simple as file locking doesn’t work well, the day they fix this I don’t recommend any more clients.

1 Like

Sure, and if that is what you wish to use, then by all means. It is your choice. Of course. I was just wondering because most Operating Systems have this functionality out of the box or many apps will use some type of syncing if using on the Desktop.

The main reasons of going 3rd party, are usually for:
Connection authentication flexibility/reliability/options
Virtual file support
Caching

However the free option on your suggestion forgoes some of these. Unless you for the fairly expensive paid option.

For the sake of helping others who may find themselves in your predicament, I would suggest using something closer to Open Source, many of which are free and may have more options, depending on your user case.

Personally I use terminal a lot and thus, I use RClone on both PC and and Android and server. There are also options on Android for Dav or that leverage Rclone to work in the back end, via a wrapper on the program for ease of use for those who do not like the command line.

For a list of RClone supported devices, here is a fairly long list:

Either way, if you are happy with your solution, by all means, for for it. My point was that there might be alternative, and free solutions that may work for others. Cheers.