Webdav and 2fa [English and French version ]

English version :

Good evening to all,

I come to see you because I have to set up a nextcloud server for an association where sensitive information will be stored.

Currently this association uses the cloud from google, I would like to move them to nextcloud and manage everything in a finer way than with a public cloud.

My question is the following, I would like to set up a double authentication type yubikey if possible, on the webdav in case an unusual user wants to access it, do you think it’s possible ? Where else could a solution come close to it?

Ideally, the current user shouldn’t have to enter the token each time, but the token should only be requested if it detects an attempt to connect via webdav via an ip, or an unusual behavior.

Another question, is it possible for a remote user to access webdav transparently? For example if an attacker manages to connect remotely? The idea being that the token is requested in these cases, but I don’t know if it’s possible?

Thank you in advance to all of you, hoping to have posted in the right place ! And happy holidays to all!

French version

Bonsoir Ă  tous,

Je viens vous voir car je dois mettre en place pour une association un serveur nextcloud où sera stockées des informations sensible.

Actuellement cette association utilise le cloud de chez google, je souhaiterais les faire passer sous nextcloud et tout gérer de maniére plus fin qu’avec un cloud tout public.

Ma question est la suivante, je souhaiterais mettre en place une double authentification type yubikey si possible, sur le webdav dans le cas où un utilisateur inhabituel veut y avoir accés, pensez vous que c’est possible ? Où à défaut qu’une solution puissent s’en rapprocher ?

Il faudrait dans l’idéal que les utilisateur courant n’aient pas à rentrer le jeton à chaque fois, mais que le token soit demandé que si il détecte une tentative de connexion via webdav via une ip , où un comportement inhabituel.

Autre question, est ce qu’il est possible pour un utilisateur distant d’avoir accès au webdav de maniére transparente ? Par exemple si un attaquant arrive à ce connecter à distance ? L’idée étant que justement le token soit demandé dans ces cas là, mais je ne sais pas si c’est possible ?

Merci d’avance à tous, en espérant avoir posté au bon endroit ! Et joyeuses fêtes à tous !