Web UI dashboard "upcoming events" widget only shows personal calendar

Nextcloud Hub 6 (27.1.3)
Calendar 4.5.2

Apache/2.4.52 (Ubuntu 22.04)
PHP Version: 8.1.17
mysql Version: 10.6.12

I host a small locally hosted NC instance for the family with only 7 users. We have a shared NC calendar (called “events”) with all the family birthdays, anniversaries ect that is shared with all the users so everyone knows when those events are. We all also all have google calendars which we map as read-only with those we want to have them. i.e. the wife and I share our google calendars with each other for visibility.

The dashboard widget worked great, we could see the upcoming events on both our personal NC calendar along with all the calendars shared with each user. We really came to depend on it.

When I upgraded NC to 27.1.2 the Web UI dashboard “upcoming events” widget stopped showing everything except the individual user’s personal NC calendar. That of course caused quite the uproar from my users (AKA wife, mom, sis etc!!!)

I did a bit of trouble shooting and found that the shared google calendars are all still visible on the regular calendar page Only the dashboard widget that’s not showing those calendars. It’s not showing the mapped google calendars nor the calendar I created called “events”. I even tried recreating all the linked google calendars and a new NC “test” calendar but none will show in the widget. It’s strange that our personal NC calendars all will show but not any linked or created calendars.

To be honest, I thought I’d just let it ride until the next version of NC (27.1.3) came out to see if it fixed itself. Today 27.1.3 came out so I upgraded. Still no calendars in the widget other than the personal.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea where to start troubleshooting? I’m just a novice but I’m willing to learn.

Thanks
Bill

1 Like

Nothing?

I found this but it’s not fixed…
https://github.com/nextcloud/calendar/issues/5477

1 Like
1 Like