Warning: no internet connection

Hello all,

I run into some trouble after installing Nextcloud (vers. 25) behind nginx reverse proxy. I booked a cloud server from Hetzner and gave it an internal (private IP address) behind the reverse proxy.

Message from admin panel:
Dieser Server hat keine funktionierende Internetverbindung: Mehrere Ziele konnten nicht erreicht werden. Dies bedeutet, dass einige Funktionen, wie das Einhängen externer Speicher, Benachrichtigungen über Updates oder die Installation von Drittanbieter-Apps nicht funktionieren. Der Zugriff auf entfernte Dateien und das Senden von E-Mail-Benachrichtigungen wird wahrscheinlich ebenfalls nicht funktionieren. Um alle Funktionen nutzen zu können, stelle bitte eine Internet-Verbindung für diesen Server her.

In my setup the reverse proxy has a public IP address and a private one (10.0.0.2). The Nextcloud has only 10.0.0.3 in same network. I got it working so far except the internet connection warning, what means that I also cannot load additional apps and so on.

I tried to add a proxy address in my config using `‘proxy’ => ‘’,. I tried the IP address of the reverse proxy and free proxy service in America, but both options didn’t work.

I have no idea how I can get the internet connection working. I am not that familar with network issues.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you in advance
//neph

Well, you need to configure a proxy for outgoing connections, not sure if you can easily do this with your current reverse nginx as well. Is it a different virtual host? If you have just local, you can route the traffic (ip forwarding) like you do in your home network.