Viewing photos via nextcloud files. If I scroll down and open and close a photo, it always brings me back to the top

I have a nextcloud server version Nextcloud Hub 7 (28.0.1)

If I want to view photos via the file at the top of the menu and I scroll down and then open a photo and when I close it, it brings me back to the top and I have to scroll down again.
It can be turned off somewhere, I know that it worked normally on previous versions and where I was, I continued. This back up is not practical especially if you have a lot of photos in the folder.

3 Likes

I also have this issue (on 28.0.0)! Any fixes?

1 Like

Sam problem here, I think this should be treated like a bug, it was not present in v27. This is a regression in v28 from my understanding

1 Like

In my case it does not bring me to the top, but instead brings me to the first image that I opened before that.

Should we file a github issue in order for thit issue to make it to a development roadmap?

On the GIF, I firstly, open the Birdie TEST FILE1.jpg file. After, I close it, go to some file at the end of the list and open it. When I close the second photo, files list switches its focus on the Birdie TEST FILE1.jpg again.

There are also some other effects that can be seen on the GIF after that.

1. If you refresh the files list page, new page will automatically open Birdie TEST FILE1.jpg.

2. If you navigate back from the folder. You will get the File not found error message.

ezgif-3-8b236480c5

Same here, making Nextcloud almost unusable for viewing my documents. I don’t understand how this bug is not nr 1 in the list of bugs.

Did you ever figure out what’s causing this? I have this exact same issue and it’s driving me nuts!

I have created a ticket here: [Bug]: viewing photos via nextcloud files. If I scroll down and open and close a photo, it always brings me back to the top. · Issue #44792 · nextcloud/server · GitHub for further analysis.

1 Like