View profile of other users as contacts?

Hello everyone,

I have been searching around the forums and the manuals for quite some time, but I canā€™t seem to find an explanation or solution, so I hope anyone here can help me.

Iā€™m using Nextcloud obviously and have created several users. Those users can edit their own profile and add their phone number, web address, email address, mailing address et cetera.

However, I canā€™t seem to find out how another user can view this information. I had expected all users to just show up in ā€˜contactsā€™ with all information visible for everyone. But internal users are not shown there. You can find them in the top right corner (in the blue bar) with the ā€˜peopleā€™ icon. But the information shown there is incomplete, eg. you can only see an email address, but there seems to be no way to view a phone number or shipping address.

Is there a way to get internal users to show up in Contacts? Perhaps in a different group ā€˜internal usersā€™ or something?
If not: whatā€™s the point of entering your address or phone number in your profile? Where else can it be found by other users?

Thanks!

Rowdy

1 Like

Unfortunately this function hasnā€™t yet been implemented, but it is already being worked on the implementation:

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer, glad that itā€™s being addressed!

Itā€™s a bit strange to be able to edit your own profile and not being able to access it anywhere.
The internal address book PR you mentioned seems like a fine solution.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.