Using S3 as external stopped working

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 21.0.01

The issue you are facing: We’ve had an S3 bucket mounted as an external drive to out instance of Nextcloud. This worked perfect since installation about 4 months ago until this morning when it suddenly produces this error:

External mount error

There was an error with message: InvalidArgumentException: Invalid configuration value provided for “csm”. Expected Aws\ClientSideMonitoring\ConfigurationInterface|callable|array|bool, but got string(36) “*** sensitive parameter replaced ***” csm: (Aws\ClientSideMonitoring\ConfigurationInterface|callable|array|bool) CSM options for the client. Provides a callable wrapping a promise, a boolean “false”, an instance of ConfigurationInterface, or an associative array of “enabled”, “host”, “port”, and “client_id”… Do you want to review mount point config in admin settings page?

This is the first time that we are seeing this error.

It seems to be related to these changes here: Avoid reading ~/.aws/config when using S3 provider by MorrisJobke · Pull Request #27040 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

any advice on how this can be rectified?

does anybody else have this problem? Or has been able to resolve it as yet?

I have similiar problem :slight_smile:

I checked S3connectiontrait.php. I am still getting this problem even with the changes mentioned in pull request #27040. Guess it would be helpful to note that I am using BackBlaze B2 instead of S3.