User lost permission to own folder and its content

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 10.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): Shared Hosting
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 5.6.31
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps): No

The issue you are facing:

One of my users lost the permission on a folder. He is not able to delete or change this folder or its content, but he is the owner.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Exception: {"Exception":"OCP\\AppFramework\\QueryException","Message":"Could not resolve OCA\\Survey_Client\\Settings\\AdminSection! Class OCA\\Survey_Client\\Settings\\AdminSection does not exist","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Utility\/SimpleContainer.php(105): OC\\AppFramework\\Utility\\SimpleContainer->resolve('OCA\\\\Survey_Clie...')\n#1 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/ServerContainer.php(89): OC\\AppFramework\\Utility\\SimpleContainer->query('OCA\\\\Survey_Clie...')\n#2 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/Settings\/Manager.php(319): OC\\ServerContainer->query('OCA\\\\Survey_Clie...')\n#3 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/Settings\/Manager.php(354): OC\\Settings\\Manager->query('OCA\\\\Survey_Clie...')\n#4 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/settings\/Controller\/AdminSettingsController.php(131): OC\\Settings\\Manager->getAdminSections()\n#5 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/settings\/Controller\/AdminSettingsController.php(70): OC\\Settings\\Controller\\AdminSettingsController->getNavigationParameters('logging')\n#6 [internal function]: OC\\Settings\\Controller\\AdminSettingsController->index('logging')\n#7 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Http\/Dispatcher.php(160): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#8 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Http\/Dispatcher.php(90): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OC\\Settings\\Controller\\AdminSettingsController), 'index')\n#9 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/App.php(111): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OC\\Settings\\Controller\\AdminSettingsController), 'index')\n#10 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Routing\/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\\AppFramework\\App::main('AdminSettingsCo...', 'index', Object(OC\\AppFramework\\DependencyInjection\\DIContainer), Array)\n#11 [internal function]: OC\\AppFramework\\Routing\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\n#12 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/Route\/Router.php(293): call_user_func(Object(OC\\AppFramework\\Routing\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\n#13 \/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/lib\/base.php(967): OC\\Route\\Router->match('\/settings\/admin...')\n#14 \/home\sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/index.php(48): OC::handleRequest()\n#15 {main}","File":"\/home\/sharedhostname\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Utility\/SimpleContainer.php","Line":90}

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => '***classified***',
  'passwordsalt' => '***classified***',
  'secret' => '***classified***',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'sub.domain.com',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/home/***/nextcloud/data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://sub.domain.com',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '9.1.0.16',
  'dbname' => 'dbname_nc',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'dbuser_nc',
  'dbpassword' => '***classified***',
  'logtimezone' => 'Europe/Berlin',
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'installed' => true,
  'theme' => '',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'loglevel' => 3,
  'updater.secret' => '***classified***',
);

Any idea how i can get this solved? The folder is important for that user.

Kind regards
//neph

Doesn’t look very fresh your setup. NC 10 is not supported any more, even if there were a bug there wouldn’t be a fix.

Do you use the survey_client? I would just disable it, perhaps this error is completely unrelated with your problem. Then update to NC 11 (https://nextcloud.com/changelog/#latest11), don’t forget the backup in case something goes wrong (especially on shared hosting!).

Hej hej

what is survey client and how can I disable it?. Anyhow, I upgraded to latest version 11. But still the same issue. I cannot access one folder and its content. It still tells me that I have not the required permission:

And when I now try to open a file within the folder an error occur which is telling me something about bad signature:

Annoying… :frowning:

Any idea?

Kind regards
//neph

You use the encryption app? Files are signed with data from oc_filecache, if you make manual changes or rescan things, this can break the signature.

I don’t remember that I changed anything and yes, I used encryption. Anyhow, I will accept that these data were lost.

But thank you so much for your efforts

//neph