User Login Problem With an LDAP User

I run NC 26.0.4 on a Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS machine and use the LDAP plugin to authenticate my users to an LDAP server.

In general, the NC ↔ LDAP connection works just fine. NC updates the list of users when they are added to LDAP and authenticates all but one user to LDAP without any issue.

I checked if this user’s username and password are valid.
I verified that NC “knows” the user by querying the name from the list of locally known users.
The LDAP entry of this user and other users are identical regarding permissions.

Everything seems right except that I cannot login to nextcloud (I have the credentials in the meantime to debug).

In the NC logs I can see the following:

{“reqId”:“NtNVecYOyDyv37E22aJ7”,“level”:2,“time”:“2024-06-04T11:55:46+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“xxxxxxxxxxxx”,“user”:“–”,“app”:“user_ldap”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:“/login”,“message”:“Bind failed: 49: Invalid credentials”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0”,“version”:“26.0.4.2”,“data”:{“app”:“user_ldap”},“id”:“xxxxxxxxxxxx”}

{“reqId”:“NtNVecYOyDyv37E22aJ7”,“level”:2,“time”:“2024-06-04T11:55:46+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“xxxxxxxxxxxx”,“user”:“–”,“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:“/login”,“message”:“Login failed: xxxxxxxxxxxx (Remote IP: xxxxxxxxxxxx)”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0”,“version”:“26.0.4.2”,“data”:,“id”:“xxxxxxxxxxxx”}

I spent a whole day searching for answers in the web a few days ago but couldn’t find anything helpful - only similar questions without answers.

Has anyone an idea how to tackle the problem?

Thanks for the reply. I noticed this thread the other day and already made sure that the users’ permissions are exactly the same. But I’ll double check later …

In the meantime, if anybody else has another idea, fire away!