I’m encountering some really weird problems since 2-3 days on my Nextcloud install. My admin user gets regularly disabled, every few minutes.
Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5):
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04):
Linux 3.10.0-1160.42.2.el7.x86_64 x86_64
PHP version (eg, 7.4):
7.4 (was 8.1 and I brought it back down again, just to check, exact same thing
It’s a small setup, only 10 users.
The issue you are facing:
- I (admin) can not login, with the following messages on my screen:
- “We have detected multiple invalid login attempts from your IP. Therefore your next login is throttled up to 30 seconds.”
- “User disabled”
- “Suspicious login detected” or similar – I also got something like this a few times
What I’ve tried to deal with it:
- gone through
occ security:bruteforce:reset <myIP>,
occ user:enable <myuser>
- this allows me to login again, but when I come back 30mins later, I have to do it all again
- disabled the BruteForce Security App
- downgraded php from 8.1. back to 7.4
- changed user passwords
- removed the account from all client apps (nextcloud on phone and tablet)
Steps to replicate it:
- once I log out, next time I try to login again, I’ll be stuck and have to repeat
occ user:enableagain, etc
The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
- lots of Warnings only about Failed Login attempts, even though I’m pretty sure my passwords are always correct.
Does anyone have any recommendations where to look?