User disabled after signing up

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version Doesent show me the version
Operating system and version Windows 10
Apache or nginx version Don’t know
PHP version (eg, 7.4): replace me

The issue you are facing:

I installed nextcloud and set up an account. after a system restart my nextcloud user is disabled. How do I fix this?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. install nextcloud for Nextcloud Provider | TAB.DIGITAL
  2. log in and copy some files to the cloud.
  3. re-boot system and try to log in

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

can't find **Admin > Logging**

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

no config.php file associated with nextcloud on my system.

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

What did you install, precisely? From the sounds of it you perhaps installed the Nextcloud Desktop client?

And what indication do you have that your user account is disabled? Do you mean it’s not listed in the client? There’s an error? Something else?

A screenshot might be helpful.

Yes I installed the Desktop client and signed up at one of the providers,
TAB.DIGITAL. On attempting to sign in, I get: error User disabled. For any assistance on-line, I need to sign in which I cannot do.

That sounds like the provider disabled the account for some reason. Unfortunately since you’re using a provider and not self-hosting, there’s not much you can do other than contact that provider.

I finally found a support link from tab.digital and have an open support ticket with them.