User backend OC_User_SSH not found

Hi,

I inherited a NextCloud 13.0.5 installation and proceeded to upgrade it to 14.0.5. The upgrade process seems to have gone well, but I’m now unable to log into the server as a user. The logs report

‘Error core User backend OC_User_SSH not found.’

Has anyone seen this and found a workaround?

Thanks.

Sorry i can not solve your problem.

But you must upgrade Nextcloud from 13 to 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and in a few weeks 24. I think it costs a lot of time and there are a lot of risks in further upgrades.

If it was my cloud i would build a new nextcloud 23, set up the users and would either ask the users to move their data themselves or would then just migrate the data for all users. Shares etc. will of course be lost.

I would use a different cloud name as a transitional measure. And after migration i would also migrate the old name to the new cloud.

Perhaps your user can on self migrating use WebDAV or the nextcloud client. You can test it. Create a free Nextcloud account in the internet and migrate some data.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping to keep this server going a little while longer while waiting for a permanent solution, but it looks like I’ll need a new installation now.

I have other servers using the same SSH backend, but are not reporting this error.

'user_backends' =>
  array (
    0 =>
    array (
      'class' => 'OC_User_SSH',
      'arguments' =>
      array (
        0 => '<SERVER>',
      ),
    ),
  ),

I’ve installed the php-pecl-ssh2 module and made it available.

Use \OCA\UserExternal\SSH instead of OC_User_SSH.
after user_external 3.0, class name is changed.
GitHub - nextcloud/user_external: 👥 External user authentication methods like IMAP, SMB and FTP