Use of LAN at home, disable webpage access

Hello,

I have two questions:

1. I want my devices to connect/communicate with my server locally (LAN) when I am at home, not through internet.
  2. I want to disable webpage access for all accounts, so only if you have the app (pc, ios, etc.) then you can connect, not through the webpage.

You wrote what you want but not the question !

I suppose you want to ask, if it is possible:

1. yes, don’t configure port forwarding for you Nextcloud server, then it only has a local ip in your LAN.
  2. I’m not sure if you can do this with the fileaccesscontrol-app. Or you create app passwords for the clients, that they don’t know the actual user password. Or on the webserver, you could block certain user agents. Why do you want to do that? Perhaps there is a different solution.

Hello tflidd,

Yes you are right, I forgot to write it nicely but I thought it was sufficient enough, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

1. I do not want to disable External access so I need port forwarding for the Nextcloud server. I only want my devices (through API) to connect locally using my LAN, instead of WAN. A possible solution could be that my local DNS returns an internal IP instead of my external IP and Nextcloud server handles both.

2. The reason for this is that I want more security, since web access is not needed and all users will only use the API, I could disable web page access completely so the address of my nextcloud is not accessible through a web browser. A possible solution could be to restrict we access using a .htaccess file to allow requests only directed to the API.