Uploading a file without using the sync client directly

I would like to know if it’s possible to drop a file into the Android (and iOS) Nextcloud storage path and my Sync Client picks it up and uploads it.

I don’t want to use the app directly because I have a mobile app working completely offline and it generates a file. I want to drop this file into the NC storage directory to upload it.

When dropping a file into the directory it wasn’t uploaded directly. I had to open the NC mobile app and upload the file from the storage directory manually.

If it’s not possible to drop files into the NC user directory and upload them automatically is there anything else I could use? (offline, because otherwise I could obviously use the Nextcloud WebDav API)

I can recommend the FolderSync app, which allows to keep files in sync using e.g. WebDAV.

Thanks, is this a custom app?

So it seems the client app is just a one way sync?

The client app automatically uploads e.g. pictures and you can use it to access files on your Nextcloud, but afaik it hasn’t yet been transparently integrated into the Android file system.

Hm yeah. I moved files into a folder, launched the mobile app, moved to the folder and executed “sync”. But the new files didn’t appear in the directory on the mobile app and weren’t uploaded to the NC