"...upload.part" is locked error when syncing/uploading new file

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 13 client
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Fully updated Manjaro Linux client
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): unknown (I am just a user)
PHP version (eg, 7.1): unknown (I am just a user)

The issue you are facing:

I’ve recently added a file to a local folder synced to a remote Nextcloud instance (I am just a user and I am not the administrator of that server), but my local Nextcloud client constantly retries and fails to upload the file with an error like this:

Server replied “423 Locked” to “PUT https://[Nextcloud instance]/remote.php/dav/files/[my user]/[my file].upload.part” is locked.

I checked and found that [my file] looks fine on my computer, but does not show up in the File app on Nextcloud, and there certainly isn’t [my file].upload.part on the server.

I saw the post by @zaslowe here which shows a similar problem. I don’t know if a solution was ever found except a response by @clipp saying that this happens because of white spaces in the filename. But this doesn’t make sense to me because most of my other files have spaces in their filenames! So I don’t know why this error happens with this file and not others, and the filename is purely alphanumeric.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Create a new file in a folder synced with Nextcloud 13.
  2. Initiate a sync.
  3. Error "...upload.part" is locked shows up everytime.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

I don't have access to the log.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

I don't have access to this.

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

I don't have access to this.

Can someone please help?? Thank you!

I had the same issue.
I could solve it by removing an ocTransferId file on the server.
See this post: https://central.owncloud.org/t/safe-to-delete-octransferid-part-files-on-server/8345

Hope this works for you too.