Upload Fails by stopping as 'A Few Seconds'

I have a brand new install via softalicious into a subdomain and I am the only admin at present.
The system seems to be working fine, I can see the files and pictures, I can delete files and pictures and i can set the upload in motion, but it doesn’t complete.
I tried to upload a small (512kb) .docx file and it get to ‘a few seconds’ on the progress bar and stays there for ever. Same with a picture of 1.4Mb .jpg.
There are no error messages, no popups, nothing. The screen is not frozen as I can navigate from the page without any problems.
The only thing I have done from the basic install is activate encryption and encrypted the home storage.
Any ideas?
thanks

Hi
I have the same situation - a brand new installation. Everything appears to work. I can create directories, create text files, pass the security scan etc, but when I upload a file I get the ‘a few seconds’ message and no more.
I running nextcloud on a cpanel account, installed from the zip download. I’m using Safari as my browser. Everything is default settings.
Ideas would be useful!
Thanks

Further to my last, and in line with RobertH, i have uninstalled and reinstalled via Softaculous on Cpanel with the same results, no completion of the upload.
I have a shared server, using Cpanel, using Google Chrome and IE and Edge with same results. The Data folder is correctly placed and I tried, briefly, with chmod of 777 to see if that helped. Nothing worked.

Hi
I read https://help.nextcloud.com/t/all-web-mobile-uploads-fail/33018/12. As I’m server admin, I disabled modsecurity for the account, and all work well - it resolves my issue.

I hope this works for @sjgarth as well!

This could be mod_security as @robertH OR a bad php-fpm config.

Check:

/etc/php/7.2/fpm/pool.d/nextcloud.conf and add/modify request_terminate_timeout to 300

[nextcloud]
listen = /var/run/nextcloud.sock

listen.owner = nextcloud
listen.group = www-data

user = nextcloud
group = www-data

pm = ondemand
pm.max_children = 56
pm.process_idle_timeout = 60s
pm.max_requests = 500
request_terminate_timeout = 300

env[HOSTNAME] = $HOSTNAME
env[PATH] = /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
env[TMP] = /tmp
env[TMPDIR] = /tmp
env[TEMP] = /tm

etc/nginx/sites-available/nextcloud and add/modify fastcgi_read_timeout to 300

server {
 location ~ ^/(?:index|remote|public|cron|core/ajax/update|status|ocs/v[12]|updater/.+|ocs-provider/.+).php(?:$|/) {
        fastcgi_split_path_info   ^(.+.php)(/.*)$;
        include                   fastcgi_params;
        fastcgi_param             SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        fastcgi_param             PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
        fastcgi_param             HTTPS on;
        #Avoid sending the security headers twice
        fastcgi_param             modHeadersAvailable true;
        fastcgi_param             front_controller_active true;
        fastcgi_pass              php-handler;
        fastcgi_intercept_errors  on;
        fastcgi_request_buffering off;
        fastcgi_read_timeout      300;
    }

PS: this is from a working nginx/nextcloud server, you may have to get the good location

having the same problem. mod sec is not the problem. any further ideas?
Regards