Upgrading to version 27.1.5

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 27.1.4
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 22.04.3
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.52
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.1.2

The issue you are facing:
Hi all, not an issue, but rather a question. An update to Nextcloud 27.1.5 is available, while the system states that 2 Apps are missing compatible version:

• [Community Document Server :arrow_upper_right:]
  • [Flow Upload :arrow_upper_right:]

I rely heavily on the Community Document Server, but can easily ditch Flow Upload app. Should I have done so, that will leave me with one very important app not compatible with the update to Nextcloud - Community Document Server. As I search the web, it seems it hasn’t been updated for a while and doesn’t look like it’s going to be. Does that meant I cannot update Nextcloud, because the update will render ONLYOFFICE unusable? Can I and should I upgrade Nextcloud?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

Hi,
if you relay heavily, I would not suggest to “test” a not compatible version in a productive enviroment. Especially if there are a lot of users depending on offcie.
Maybe install a test enviroment and stresst it with realistic problems. After that decide.

What ever you do
have fun

best regards
sambilanet

1 Like

Hmm.

Version compatibility is generally major version driven (e.g. v27). That is, unless you’re somehow running a version of documentserver_community that is <v0.1.14 currently and you force enabled it.

If you are already using it with 27.1.4 with what you have there should be no difference with 27.1.5. But it still would probably be worthwhile to figure out why you’re getting a compatibility notice.

P.S. Another option would be to install a dedicated OO instance. It’s often more reliable and higher performance, and eliminates a dependency on this app.

I am using Community Document server 0.1.13, which I have installed from the Apps section of the NC, ONLYOFFICE version is 8.2.4, which I also installed through the Apps section of NC. I can see a 0.1.14 version of CDS on the GIT, but I am not sure how to upgrade to it. Can you be more specific of what I should do? Much appreciated.

UPD: Weirdly enough, checking status with occ gives me this:

Document server https://localhost/index.php/apps/documentserver_community/ version 7.2.1 is successfully connected

But everything points to this being an obsolete version - max NC25 (it is running nevertheless). Since NC is not giving me an option to upgrade CDS with Apps, how would I go about it? Not using a Docker image.