Upgraded to 14.0.0Beta1

Upgraded to Nextcloud 14.0.0Beta1 and now I have all sort of issues. First I lost several apps like Nextcloud Talk; Nextcloud Notes; Contacts are not showing properly in the PC on web portal.

Also I see these warnings when I go to Security and Setup Warnings:

The database is missing some indexes. Due to the fact that adding indexes on big tables could take some time they were not added automatically. By running “occ db:add-missing-indices” those missing indexes could be added manually while the instance keeps running. Once the indexes are added queries to those tables are usually much faster.

Missing index "share_with_index" in table "oc_share".
Missing index "parent_index" in table "oc_share".
Missing index "fs_mtime" in table "oc_filecache".

I understand that this is still a beta release but did not think that I would lose so much from upgrading from 13.0.5 to 14.0.0. Yes, I have the beta channel turned on to receive updates.

Any luck to fix these? Should I wait for 14.0.0 releases that will address these issues?

Thanks,

https://www.c-rieger.de/become-an-early-adopter-nextcloud-14/

chapter 3) Update the Nextcloud database once using the following statement

and i would update to beta2. because talk was working with beta2.

Many thanks! I updated to beta 2 and ran that command to “add-missing-indices” All looks good now. At least the Nextcloud Notes and the contacts are fixed back. Nextcould Talk does not appear to be available for 14.0.0. Probably it will in the near future.

Thanks again.

i think i was able to install talk with beta2. but i didn’t try updating from 13 to 14b1 to 14b2.

I’ll wait for that until they release the compatible version hopefully soon. My other issue is that the log file is flooded from this message…

Error PHP You are using a fallback implementation of the intl extension. Installing the native one is highly recommended instead. at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/patchwork/utf8/src/Patchwork/Utf8/Bootup/intl.php#18 August 07, 2018 21:50:50

They are coming at 4 or 5 of these per second. This came after the upgrade to 14.0.0. Beta2 did not fix this issue.

Thanks,

Holly crapppp, dark themes in 14? I want it now

I looked this up and found out that my php7.0 was missing the intl extension. Since I use Ubuntu 16.04, I just ran sudo apt-get install php7.0-intl and restarted apache2 and the error stopped showing in the log. Also php -m now shows the intl extension present.