Upgrade to PHP 8.1 issue on nextcloud 25

I have Nextcloud 25 installed and have installed PHP 8.1
nextcloud still shows it is using 7.4
I have tracked that down to this code in
/etc/apache2/sites-available/site.com.conf
<FilesMatch “.php$”>
SetHandler “proxy:unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.nextcloud.sock|fcgi://localhost”

If I remove the above code then I can test the site PHP and it shows it is using 8.1.16 and with the code it shows 7.4.6
when the code is removed the nextcloud site does not work, I get
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Kirk

Which installation is this? The config looks like the Nextcoloud VM

yes it is a vmware vm with ubuntu

You can get support upgrading PHP with this, just to make sure it’s done the proper way:

Internal server errors, it is good to check the log files. For php updates, usually some php modules are missing and need to be installed.

If you remove this, you probably need to add something similar for php8.1.

You are not the first one here to update php, so you probably will find some similar topics here once you look with your detailed error.

I know it’s been a few months, but I’m curious about if/how you solved the issue. Was it an extension?

I also have mismatched PHP versions in NCP and NC 25.
Any more insights into this? I cannot upgrade using NextcloudPi due to this :frowning:

after the os-upgrade to debian bookworm (raspbian) I encountered some problems:

1. NC25 needs php8.1 but php8.2 is delivered by os-sources.
    solved that by adding a repo for php8.1: https://computingforgeeks.com/how-to-install-php-on-debian-linux-2/

2. some php-moduled had to be installed. which where missing was told me bei the occ upgrade command (in its errormessages, that inevitably come) specificially, I had to add php8.1-redis and php8.1-raphf

3. change php socket information in the webserver config. I’m using nginx and I did the following:
    server unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock;
    changed to
    server unix:/run/php/php8.1-fpm.sock;

restart the webserver and I still encounter errors when trying to load nextcloud in browser. narf.
restarted redis-server.service and everything started working again like a charm.