Upgrade to NC 12: «This directory is unavailable, please check the logs or contact the administrator»

Seeing strange behaviour after Upgrading from version 11.0.3 to 12.0.0.
Browser shows «This directory is unavailable, please check the logs or contact the administrator» but WebDAV and Sync Clients work.
How can this be possible?
There were no changes other than upgrading.
I can’t really see why this should happen as no permissions were changed or anything.
Now reverted back to 11.0.3, so currently no further investigations possible….

Thats quite a change i would say. Did you run the upgrade at all? If so, did you upgrade from the browser or from command line with occ upgrade? Did you try to clear your browser history or open a incognito window to check if that works? “johnny five need more input” :wink:

We did upgrade form the command line.
Upgrading worked as expected.
If the server says «This directory is unavailable, please check the logs or contact the administrator» then this is hardly a browser issue….

Seems to me we are seeing the same thing as mentioned here:

Which is supposed to having been fixed….

1 Like

what os, webserver, php version you’re on? do you have a error.log from apache. do you or one of the users have a external storage configured? if there is any external storage you might wanna disable it before the upgrade.

Server specs are:

• Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
  • MySQL 5.7.18
  • PHP 7.0.18

No external storage configured.

As this is the exact same configuration we are currently using with 11.0.3 this shouldn’t really be of any issue.

1 Like