Upgrade to NC 12 Beta 1 Problems

Hey there,

finally I upgraded to NC 12 Beta 1 today, after I got update notification, via updater app.

Until page reload everything went fine. On reload (web updater) during installing the new core apps, I got the following errors:

Warning	updater	\OC\Repair::warning: Repair warning: Could not install core app bundle: Could not download app bruteforcesettings	2017-05-05T22:43:53+0200
Info	updater	\OC\Repair::step: Repair step: Install new core bundle components	2017-05-05T22:43:53+0200

But upgrade finished “successfully” and I was able to install bruteforcesettings over app store afterwards. Any idea what could have gone wrong during update?

Another problem is, that I am not able to open advanced settings from admin panel. I get those two errors:

Error	index	OCP\AppFramework\QueryException: Could not resolve AppName! Class AppName does not exist	2017-05-05T22:52:46+0200
Error	core	Error while running background job (OCP\AppFramework\QueryException): Could not resolve appName! Class appName does not exist	2017-05-05T22:45:03+0200

The one occurs when I try to open advanced settings, the other one during cron job every 15 minutes.
I finally figured out, that it is ownBackup, that produces the problem, as it runs during cron job and places it’s settings into the advanced tab. Disabling ownBackup resolves the issue. Besides that, even after removing and redownloading/installing ownBackup via app store, there stays an integrity check error:

- ownbackup
	- EXCEPTION
		- OC\IntegrityCheck\Exceptions\InvalidSignatureException
		- Certificate is not valid.

I guess I have to put that into a separate topic or directly to github…

And do I get it right, that “Direct Menu” app is now included into nc core? Anyone knows, if “AppOrder” will be updated to support this soon?

I run Nextcloud
on a Raspberry Pi 2
with up to date Raspbian Jessie
on Linux kernel 4.9.24-v7+,
Apache/2.4.25
mod_php 7.0.18-1.

That’s a known bug that will be resolved in next weeks beta 2 :slight_smile:

I guess I have to put that into a separate topic or directly to github…

Yes. That seems to be a bug in the ownbackup app.

And do I get it right, that “Direct Menu” app is now included into nc core? Anyone knows, if “AppOrder” will be updated to support this soon?

@juliushaertl Any idea?

The AppName discussion: NC12 breaking changes?

This change was/is probably not known to many authors.

Great, so everything already known and/or fixed. Great work! :slight_smile:

€: Finally created github account and related issue for OwnBackup: https://github.com/pbek/ownbackup/issues/17

1 Like

See Make app compatible with the new Nextcloud menu · Issue #29 · juliushaertl/apporder · GitHub

1 Like

Btw: OwnBackup is fixed by new update from AppStore.